Saturday, May 11, 2013

What Does God Want Me To Write?



Does this question cross your mind? 

What does God want me 
to write?

He gave me a passion for writing, so He must want me to use it for His glory and for His kingdom. But what exactly? How do I find out what I should write about?
 


Several weeks ago, as I prayed this question for myself, God gave me an answer. He told me to write a Bible study for writers. Wow. My first thought was AWESOME! My second thought was I AM NOT QUALIFIED. Then, God told me he would equip me. 

As I write the study, I seek God's guidance every step of the way. I do the following (and you can too) to know what God wants me to write.

Call on the Holy Spirit, Pray, Read Scripture, Meditate,
Praise and Thank Him, Sing, Humble Myself
Ask Him, Wait for Him, Then write

Have you asked the question for yourself? Do you seek to know what God wants you to write? Would a Bible Study on this topic be something you'd be interested in doing
I'd love to hear your feedback!

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm to keep working on my book about a Christmas project for families. Finding a publisher intimidates me, though. I will need much prayer to figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! Following His lead is always best. I feel like He wants me to write humor, because kids need to laugh.

    ReplyDelete