Saturday, August 3, 2013

Writing Prompt - Summertime (Dawn)

Photo by Toby Hamsher, 2011
It's been awhile since 1st Writes has gotten together, so we're doing a summer writing prompt. We'll post them this week and maybe next. My turn...

I wrote this remembering back to our youth camping trip at Creation Fest 2012. It was hot, hot, hot that year!


It's Too Hot
by Dawn M. Hamsher

Melting in the humidity 
Sweating even in the shade
I sit under the canopy
Not even able to think
The book lies open in my lap
It might as well hold empty pages
I want to nap, but the tent's too hot
And I can't sleep sitting up

Only two more hours till supper
I should try to read
I pick up the book
I read a sentence
What did I read?
I read it again and again
It's too hot to read
It's too hot to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment