Friday, June 17, 2011

See Photo Write: Snail

Photo by Toby Hamsher, 2011
Writing Exercise: Write a drabble about this photo. 


Drabble -- an extremely short work of fiction of exactly one hundred words in length.

My response is below.
 

On The Edge

I look over the massive chasm that separates me from my destination, a shaded spot among tasty leafy morsels. How will I cross? The task seems impossible and the day is becoming hotter.   

As I ponder my best route, two huge dogs come barreling by, narrowly missing me. I pull inside my shell for safety. After they pass, I quickly decide to go down the rough cliff. 

I am on the edge ready to descend when I am picked up by a man and deposited in exactly the place I wanted to go! 

Thank you God for your help.

Matt 19:26 says "And looking upon them Jesus said to them, 'With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"

3 comments:

  1. Love the photo! I won't look at a snail in the same way, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe - nice drabble. :) Good thing the man put him where he wanted to be and not further away from his intended destination! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, Yeah, snail's have a challenging life, for sure!

    Alana, Yeah, my hubby is a nice guy. He is also very good at reading snails' minds. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete