Sunday, August 14, 2011

Writing Resources: Write His Answer by Marlene Bagnull


"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that." Galatians 6:4 (The Message)

Jesus knew who He was: "I am the Bread of Life. I am the Light of the world. I am the Good Shepherd."

Likewise, we can confidently voice: “I am a grandfather. I am a licensed driver. I am a member of the Port Ann Wesleyan Church. “

With humility we can admit, “I am a sinner. I am saved by Jesus Christ. I am a Christian.”

How about “I am a writer”? Do you find that hard to vocalize? In her book Write His Answer, Marlene Bagnull reflects, “Even if we know God has called us to write, the statement, ‘I am a writer’ might stick in our throats or be qualified by such words as ‘I think’ or ‘I hope to be.’ Even established writers have days when they don't feel like writers—days when the fruit of their labors may not seem evident.”

Do you battle self-doubts about your writing? Do rejection slips undermine your confidence in your ability to write? Write His Answer offers practical help and encouragement for overcoming doubts, writer's block, rejection, procrastination, and more. And what really appealed to me is that Marlene backs this helpful information up with Scriptures to study and questions to apply the message to your life.

When I first started our local writers’ group, 1st Writes, I searched for a Bible study geared to writers. Write His Answer is the only Bible study specifically designed to encourage writers. Using God’s Word as a lamp to guide us on the writing path, Marlene covers the call to write, overcoming dry spells, writing through the hurts, being honest, and many other pertinent topics.

Excerpts from the book are posted on Marlene’s website Write His Answer. It is available for purchase there, as well as at Amazon.com and other online bookstores, both new and used. I go to this resource again and again and glean something new each time.

Happy reading!
Pam

©2011 Pamela D. Williams

1 comment: