One of my absolute favorite writing resources is www.Ed2Go.com. A network of more than 1500 colleges and universities, Ed2Go provides hundreds of inexpensive online courses, ($80 to $100 each, depending on which college you take them through). Geared to adults, the courses cover topics from accounting to Wordpress.
Ed2Go online courses are interactive and intriguing. Each course includes areas for discussion with fellow students, quality, practical information, challenging yet do-able assignments, and an encouraging, expert instructor.
Lessons are released twice a week, Wednesdays and Fridays; students are given two weeks to complete them. There are quizzes at the end of each lesson and a final at the end of the course.
Writing courses available through Ed2Go include:
- Advanced Fiction Writing
- Beginner’s Guide to Getting Published
- Beginning Writer’s Workshop
- Breaking into Sitcom Writing
- Craft of Magazine Writing
- Creating K-12 Learning Materials
- Forensic Science for Writers
- Grammar Refresher
- Intro to Internet Writing Markets
- Introduction to Journaling
- Keys to Effective Editing
- Mystery Writing
- Pleasures of Poetry
- Research Methods for Writers
- Romance Writing Secrets
- Travel Writing
- Write & Publish Your Non-Fiction Book
- Write Fiction like a Pro
- Write for ESL
- Writerrific: Creativity Training for Writers
- Writerrific 2: Advanced Creativity Training
- Writer’s Guide to Descriptive Settings
- Write Your Life Story
- Writing for Children
All of the Ed2Go classes I have taken have been practical and helpful in my writing endeavors. However, my favorites are those taught by Eva Shaw (highlighted above). In addition to having the feedback from peers throughout the world, Eva gives personal instruction and motivation in every class and mentors every writer personally, responding to questions, assignments and comments with helpful tips and encouragement. Eva invites people to reach out and interact with class members; her online Discussion areas have been some of the most spiritually uplifting places I have ever been a part of—seriously!
To hone writing skills, jumpstart motivation, solidify a call to a particular genre or to try a taste of an unexplored aspect of writing, Ed2Go is the place . . . well . . . 2 Go!
©2011 Pamela D. Williams