Thursday, March 22, 2012

Colors

One of our writers, also named Dawn, decided to take the Writing Challenge: A Splash of Colors from March 1. Here is her contribution.

Colors
by Dawn Rennhack

Source: chiccoles.com
It is just a daunting task for me to simply pick one color. I find all colors pleasing to my eyes, from the bright and brilliant ones to the calm and muted colors. I would guess if I were to narrow it down I would pick the beautiful muted colors of fall. 
 
 
The colors are so beautiful, richly dense, yet extremely vibrant, from the beautiful shades of fall leaves that range from the bright yellows, oranges, and dense shades of green, to the beautiful fall flowers that adorn everyone's yards. The scene of our surrounding mountains in the fall are a plethora of beautiful oranges, mustard golds and beautiful vibrant reds that all swirl together like a giant pot of gold! 
 
God had certainly painted a beautiful canvas for us to see everyday no matter the season. The sky alone renders so many beautiful colors too vast to count. I count my blessings everyday that I can see and appreciate all the grandeur God has provided us in this giant color palette we call our home.
 
How do God's colors touch you? Write about it!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, So glad you wrote on "colors"! Very vivid imagery. I love fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Dawn R.! Love your word choices for describing Fall, especially "a plethora of beautiful oranges, mustard golds and beautiful vibrant reds that all swirl together like a giant pot of gold!"

    ReplyDelete