Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Time To Blog

During Brenda Hendrick's devotion on procrastination Saturday morning at The Susquehanna Valley Writer's Workshop, I remember thinking, she's speaking my exact thoughts! After the devotion, Dawn said to me, "I felt like she was talking directly to me."

Overcoming procrastination is a common complaint among writers. We are all looking for ways to be more productive. Brenda reminded us that it takes time to break the habit of procrastinating and even when we think we are doing better, we probably aren't doing as well as we think.

So how do we stop procrastinating?

Make priorities.
Know your goals.
Stay focused on the task at hand.

And remember there is a time for everything as God told us in Ecclesiastes 3:1: There is a time for everything and a season for every activity (NIV).

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Brianna. One I need to take to heart. Thanks!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete