Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for Holy


First Writes is participating in the 2013 April A to Z Blogging Challenge.
This year our theme is "Attributes of God from A to Z".
Join us each day as we explore
the characteristics of our awesome God!
Photo courtesy of Alice Popkorn

H is for Holy

“And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon him,
and a voice came from heaven which said,
“You are my beloved son, in you I am well pleased”.  Luke 2:32

Our God is holy, as in the Holy Spirit. God’s Holy Spirit directs us in how to live our days as God’s holy people. The Holy Spirit is always with us no matter where we go.

The Holy Spirit also guides us in our prayers. When we don’t know what to pray, or when our prayers seem “un-holy”, the Holy Spirit speaks to us and for us.

When I think about the Holy Spirit I always think of John baptizing Jesus in the Jordan River, and the Holy Spirit appearing as a dove. With the Holy Spirit’s help, I try my best to live a holy life. My prayer is that God will be well pleased.

©2013 Paula Bridegam

2 comments:

  1. Paula, I am right there with you. Sometimes I think my prayers are un-holy too, but I pray that the Holy Spirit will make them holy. Or times when I just can't pray, I ask the Holy Spirit to pray without ceasing for me. Thank you for your meditation on "H is for Holy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, that is so good! It's a wonderful explanation of who the Holy Spirit is and what He does.

    ReplyDelete