Friday, April 19, 2013

Q is for Quotable

1st Writes is participating in the 2013 April A to Z Blogging Challenge.
This year our theme is "Attributes of God from A to Z".
Join us each day as we explore
the characteristics of our awesome God!

“Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds;
tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them
when you sit at home
and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up.”
Deuteronomy 11:18-19

“It’ll get better before you’re married,” Daddy always said, whether you had suffered a skinned knee, a bruised heart, or a shattered ego.

After becoming a mother, I quoted my dad’s words to my own children. To be honest, the truth behind them has carried me through recovery from surgery, loss of a beloved pet, and disappointment in myself.

Our Heavenly Father offers us eternal wisdom and truth packed into 66 little books. God’s words will benefit anyone and everyone, and are not just worthy of remembering, but are vitally important to pass along.

Like the proven wisdom of my earthly father, God’s words withstand time and testing. Experience has taught me God’s Word is reliable, dependable, and unchanging. Without hesitation, I can say, our God is truly quotable.


©2013 Pamela D. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment