Thursday, April 5, 2012

Proverbs from A to Z - E


E is for Ear  - (meditation by Brianna)
  
Source: beta-gibbs.pcsb.org




Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered. Proverbs 21:13


I can recall too many times in my life when I’ve turned a deaf ear to the cry of the poor. Particularly, I remember all the times I’ve driven past a man holding a cardboard sign reading: ‘Homeless – Please Help’.

It’s not that I didn’t want to help. It’s that I was afraid to help or didn’t know how to help. Rather than taking time to build up my courage and figure out the best way to help, I ignored the problem and then wondered why God seemed to not hear my prayers.

My heart ached with guilt over my failure so I prayed for God’s help to help others and I rejoiced this past winter when I came across this post - Be A Blessing - Blessing Bags .

Finally I knew how I could help! All I needed was courage, which God provided. As long as it’s daylight and there is plenty of traffic around me, I’m not afraid to hand out a bag to someone who needs help.


Reflection on Proverb by Brianna Renshaw, member of 1st Writes. Her blogs are: Pocketful of Playdough and Bible Bloggers.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for a wonderful idea! I can't wait to go make up "Blessing Bags"! CSA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Cheryl! I'm happy to share good ideas!

      Delete
  2. Great idea! People sometimes make unwise choices when given money, but these blessing bags cover a multitude of needs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't have much cash on me anyway, but like withoutado says, a lot of times people won't use the money wisely anyway.

      Delete
  3. I'm never sure about giving to them. A lot of times, they use it on alcohol. You just don't know, but Jesus did give to the poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of money, gift cards are a good alternative.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Blog and the creative way you incorporated the A-Z Challenge! I will definitely try the Blessing Bags - thank you for sharing!
    www.hammockinthehoneysuckle.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete