Friday, April 27, 2012

Proverbs from A to Z - X

X is for exalts - (meditation by Dawn)
(it has an "x" in it...I'm counting it!)

Source: kavindislavie.blogspot.com



Righteousness exalts a nation,
but sin is a reproach to any people.
Proverbs 14:34

Today, I'm going to talk about the United States. I believe our country has been blessed because its foundation was built on righteousness and God. Nowadays though, I wonder how long the blessing will last. With more and more turning to the world and away from God, how long will God put up with it?


Today, I offer up this prayer.

Dear God, I know you can not tolerate sin, but I ask you to look upon those who are righteous and deal with them with mercy and love. Do not lump them all together with the sinful when you look upon our nation. Please continue to bless our land. Give our leaders wisdom for it says in the Bible that you appoint every leader and that you will use them for your purpose and glory. I know all things are in your hands, but I ask you to remember your followers and bless them. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Reflection on Proverb by Dawn M. Hamsher, member of 1st Writes. Her blog is: The Write Soil

No comments:

Post a Comment