Monday, April 23, 2012

Proverbs from A to Z - T


T is for Tablet - (meditation by Dawn)

Source: helenalexdesigns.blogspot.com


Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;
bind them around your neck;
write them on the
tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3





What does God want from us? Love and Faithfulness

I love Proverbs 3:3, it speaks straight to my poor memory. I am a list person. If I don't write it down, it doesn't get done. Here, God says write it down! Write it on your heart. Put it in a place that matters! Put it in a place that will cause you to take action -- your heart! If love dwells there, then you will love as God wants you to love. If faithfulness dwells there, then you will turn to God at all times for guidance.  It is so important, that you need to WRITE IT DOWN ON YOUR HEART.

Love

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” 
John 13:34-35

Faithfulness

 “And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today,...Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out."                                       
Excerpts from Deuteronomy 28:1-6


Prayer: Father God, help me to write LOVE and FAITHFULNESS down on my heart in permanent marker! Sometimes I feel it is only written in pencil. Lord, help me to act out LOVE and FAITHFULNESS in my daily life.  They are so very important to you. Let them dwell in my heart. Amen.


Reflection on Proverb by Dawn M. Hamsher, member of 1st Writes. Her blog is: The Write Soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment