Sunday, April 1, 2012

Proverbs from A to Z - A

A is for Anxiety - (meditation by Dawn)

Source: artbrut.com



Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. Proverbs 12:25





My mother has dealt with anxiety her entire life. Sometimes it is like a misty fog and other times like a threatening storm cloud, but always it seems to be present.

Lately though, I've seen some clouds lift. 

My mother has a new friend. Sharon is a bubbly ray of sunshine and an enthusiastic Christian. Her outlook is always positive and her energy is contagious. When I saw Sharon and Mom break out in dance and laughter at a craft show when business was slow, I saw this Proverb being lived out.

Who is the "Sharon" in your life? 

Reflection on Proverb by Dawn M. Hamsher, member of 1st Writes. Her blog is: The Write Soil

15 comments:

  1. I've a number of "Sharons" in my life, and I'm grateful for every last one of them. Just as importantly, I try to serve in that role when I'm able.

    Thanks for the Proverb. Today, Dawn, you were that ray of sunshine. Thanks for the uplifting post.

    Best,
    Joe
    A/American Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe, Thank you for your comment. I do so much want to be sunshine for others. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Oh, how beautiful! I can see them dancing in my mind's eye. I am so thankful for the "Sharons" in my life. They are very few, but they are truly wonderful Christian women. We need each other. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of Sharons in my life. Lovely blog! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lucky to have several "Sharons" in my life, too. Anxiety is a great topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could go on and on about "anxiety", but I wanted to keep it light. ;0)

      Delete
  5. Many people have been "Sharons" to me over the years, but the one constant would have to my husband, Dick. He is a gift to me. Great start to the A to Z, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam,
      I can see Dick being an encourager to you, but I also see you being one to him!

      Delete
  6. I think mine is my hubby... :) Great start and great idea for the A to Z challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkey, That is wonderful. My hubby is also a "Sharon" (that sounds really wrong)...aka he encourages me. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. I have a Sharon. But this post made me think more on how I want to be a Sharon for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanda,
      Awwww...that's nice. It doesn't take much to be a "Sharon", just a thoughtful word or note.

      Delete
  8. Hello Dawn, I tend to be more of the 'Sharon' in other peoples lives. I have one girl who could possibly become my 'Sharon' but our relationship is in the early stages yet so we will see.

    http://leasenchantedcloth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete