Monday, April 16, 2012

Proverbs from A to Z - N


N is for Name - (meditation by Dawn)

Source: terragalleria.com



The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. Proverbs 18:10




I can't say this verse without singing it! The image is so powerful. The Lord is a refuge for us and all we have to do is say his name.

This makes me think of my high school and college days when I only had a mustard seed of faith. I remember breaking up with a boy named Peter and feeling like my life was over. Then in college, my first marriage was on the rocks. Both times, I had no one to turn to, so I pulled out the Bible that my grandmother had given me (it was a Good News Bible). I didn't go to church and I didn't know the Bible, but I opened the book in the middle (Psalms) and as I read, a peace covered me.

There was something about the Bible. I didn't know what it was at the time. I just knew that I had found refuge there.

Today, I know the name of my refuge. His name is Jesus.

Prayer: May you find safe refuge in Jesus today. Just call on his name and his love will surround you.

Reflection on Proverb by Dawn M. Hamsher, member of 1st Writes. Her blog is: The Write Soil

4 comments:

  1. In this very difficult and painful period of my life, I find myself calling his name a lot! He is my refuge, my comfort, a balm to my broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the balm of Gilead! The only fixing cream you need. ;0)

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written post. I'm visiting from the A-Z challenge, good luck with the rest of the month!

    Ebby

    ReplyDelete