Thursday, April 12, 2012

Proverbs from A to Z - K


K is for Knowledge   - (meditation by Cheryl)

Source: trendland.net


There is gold and abundance of costly stones, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.
Proverbs 20:15
 




When I was much younger and before I began to understand what following Christ meant, I was very focused on worldly things! I dreamt of having the abundance of money, expensive jewelry and ‘things’! As I matured, in body and spirit, I soon realized that those ‘things’ would not bring me the joy and peace I was searching for. As I become knowledgeable in the ways of Christ and sought His wisdom I began to change. I thirsted for the knowledge that only He can impart to me. Then I began to pray for the ability to use what He taught me to encourage others. I want my lips to speak words of love that will have eternal value.

Reflection on Proverb by Cheryl Andreus, member of 1st Writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment